ACDC does not have a meal plan in the summer. You can purchase and prepare food in the residential hall, or eat at the Bridge cafe, Retreat or off campus.
- Poughkeepsie city buses have stops on or near the Vassar campus, with routes that go to Stop & Shop. New routes and schedules go into effect July 1st.
- ResLife organizes a weekly shuttle to grocery stores.
- If you have a bike or feel like a ~2 mile walk each way, Stop & Shop can be reached safely by using some back roads and a portion of the rail trail.
- Food is available for purchase at several shops along Collegeview and Raymond Ave
- The Bridge Cafe will be open while the Retreat is being cleaned from May 31-June 8 8:30am-3pm (week days only)
- The Retreat is open the following days/times:
- June 9 and 10 from 8:30am to 6pm
- June 12 - June 21 (week days only) from 8:30am to 3pm
- June 22 - July 31 (week days only) from 8am to 6pm
- August 1 - August 4 8:30am to 5pm
Note that you are responsible for preparing your own meals using cooking facilities in the residential hall. Your dorm room will be equipped with a small refrigerator for storing food.
To find information about bus, train, taxi, and other transportation options, please visit Vassar's transportation page. Note the information above about the changes to the bus system which are not reflected on Vassar's transportation page.
Walk-in Medical Assistance
- Mount Kisco Medical Group Urgent Medical Care (~ 3 miles from campus)
- Health Quest Urgent Care (~3 miles from campus)
- Pulse-MD Urgent Care (~2 miles from campus)